Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Have Arrived


I cannot believe how beautiful it is here. Everything is a bright and healthy green. And I have never seen a city with so many different kinds of traffic. Out of my bedroom window I can watch scooters, cyclists, sailboats, barges, and airplanes landing a Schiphol (the airport).
When we were landing it was like looking at a patch work quilt. Fields are all so distinct from on another, and all bordered by mini canals. There is farm land RIGHT up until the city begins, and I am talking classic the-way-you-imagine-them farms. They are all picture perfect, with little black and white cows grazing about. It's fantastic.
I haven't been to the city centre yet, but it's my plan for first thing tomorrow, after a very long sleep.
More tomorrow
With Love
Emma

1 comment:

Dan Mattison said...

Emma, it looks so peaceful where you are. I'm jealous... it's so busy here and loud which is cool but I wish I could be there too haha or pretty much everywhere at the same time.

Have fun...
Dan